Wednesday 1 June 2016

Re-visiting 'Pinxos'

I am a pig - there are no two ways to look at it :-(

Jamón pinxo
I revisited my 'pinxo' place, a week is not cold. But to my defence, I only ate 10 instead of 16 'pinxos'. That's something, right? Whereas last time I scarfed everything with barely any pics, I was more sedate this time AND took photos of the stunning examples of amazing food here.

Foie with cream of balsamic 
A good 'pinxo', like a good Sangría, must be made with good ingredients; the bread involved MUST be thinly cut and of the type of baguette that is crunchy and fresh. Many places fill you up on the thickly cut bread they serve as part of their 'pinxo' and now you know why.

Quail's egg with mayo, prawn and olive with onion and parsley garnish
Ideally, 'pinxo' should be an appetiser, have 3-4 and a drink while waiting for your restaurant reservation hour or your friend/family meal time.

Cod with pepper
But what the heck, no rules...








No comments:

Post a Comment