Friday 5 August 2016

Some random beauties


The other day, I revisited a place I hadn't been to for ages, to order a tapa I hadn't eaten in ages but which had stayed in my head as THE tapa to eat. Tis called 'Pop a la brava' which translates as octopus on a 'brava', the 'brava' being the Spanish version of the English chip. You must like/love octopus to like this dish but even for those who don't like octopus, trust me, you will have an orgasm eating this. Imagine a firm and tender slice of octopus on a crunchy but tender piece of potatoe, with a spicy binding sauce in between. Yummmmmmm. Definitely worth the nearly 12€ you fork out for 6 bites of heaven.

Recently too, I had this yummy and wondrously stodgy 'tapa' of what the Spanish call 'Russian salad' but is unheard of in Russia. Boiled taters, boiled veg like carrot and peas plus lashings of mayo and there you have it, a dish to see you through any Siberian winter. Add a delicious cava and voilá!


I am not in general a fritter fan but once in a while, who can refuse hot and crispy fresh squid with an unctuous sour cream dip next to it, accompanied by my favourite summer rosĂ© cava? 

No comments:

Post a Comment