Tuesday 31 May 2016

(P.S: Steak tartare)

Steak tartare at the Mandarin Oriental, Bcn
Steak tartare is, culturally, a hard thing for an Indian to eat. Raw + beef are not exactly plentiful in traditional menus there so without meaning to, I have never chosen this dish for myself until....I started to live with a Frenchman. And opened my eyes to this. 

This is a hilarious article on why you shouldn't make this dish at home and just when your hopes got dashed, here is how you can. 

How can one describe this? The garnishes make it taste spicy without being hot or overpowering the taste of raw meat and yet, without overpowering you with the taste of raw meat. Though the texture is creamy, it sure ain't like butter even though it melts in your mouth...( head scratching)..how would YOU describe it?

1 comment:

  1. when its good its wonderful, when its bad..its still pretty good, and one time I lost about 10 kg with the severe gastroenteritis I caught from it....

    ReplyDelete