Friday 15 July 2016

How to make oat milk

The second I learnt to make oat milk, I ended my career as a soya milk fabricator. This is it, I found my vocation and God Almighty, how easy is this! WHAT was I doing laboriously making soya milk? The recipe is so simple that you will hit yourself. 



Ingredients:
1 cup oats, grain, NOT rolled
3 cups water
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 pinch salt
1 tbsp sweetener of your preference
Method:
Soak the oats for either a few hours or overnight. 
Rinse, rinse and rinse well.
Add a cup of water and blend till you get a smooth cream.
Add the other 2 cups of water and the rest of the ingredients and stir well. 
Strain. Bottle. 
See, I wasn't kidding when I told you this was easy, right? 
This should last you 3-4 days in the fridge. With the leftover sludge, I make pancakes or porridge or add it as a thickener in soups. Ta-taan!


1 comment:

  1. thank you for this wonderful recipe....if I ever want to make oat milk...now I know....does it make me a sinner if I drink cows milk ????

    ReplyDelete