Monday 1 February 2016

Ikea's meatballs

Ikea's Swedish meatballs
There is a saying that it is easier to get out of drugs than out of Ikea - ROTFL - so true! The other motto for Ikea is "Didn't realise I NEEDED this" or "Just buy it"!

Anyway, let's concentrate on the task at hand and leave Ikea's commercial genius for others to wonder at. For, I just want to wax lyrical over these meatballs .... my FAVOURITE, mashey potato, gravy surrounded, cranberry sauce accompanied, heartening, hopefully not horse meat (This is what I mean), Swedish meatballs! Will my preference for these pre-made wonders of Viking heritage ( ahem, cough cough) make you despair and doubt at my culinary tastes for the first time? Or was it that salad post which you still haven't got over?

Oh wondrous meatballs, how many times have you given me that much needed ballast after I have almost bankrupted myself buying stuff I had no clue I needed until I saw it on an Ikea display/shelf? Oh, how many times have you saved me from falling over in exhaustion in the desperation to find the perfect sized bed/table/chair/toilet seat. And how many times has your satisfactory heaviness stopped me gymnastically lunging at that last unpronounceably named table mat which I didn't really need? Ah yon wondrous brown balls (of hopefully not horse-meat) have oft filled my tum and will continue to do same in my annual peregrinations to Ikea Heaven/hell.

Thank you, Ikea!





2 comments:

  1. I had meatballs at the Ikea on Salt Lake City, Utah. Once. There was no side of cranberry sauce. Perhaps they were ones with horse meat in them, or fermented in their travels from a distant continent, or the US version of the delicacy they are in your side of the world. At any rate, the smell of the deli keeps me from shopping at Ikea any more.

    ReplyDelete